Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Simple Mistake, or an Ignorant Buffoon?

I think my boss doesn't know my name. Well, I know he knows my first name, but I think it's possible he doesn't know my last name, even though I've worked at the theater for over four years, and under this manager for nearly three, not to mention the fact that he gave me a performance review just over a month ago. It seems like knowing your employees' full names, especially those who have worked under you for a long time would simply just happen.

Why do I think my boss doesn't know my last name? Yesterday (Thursday), I left my wallet at work, so I figured it would just be available for me to pick up when I got to work today, so I wasn't horribly worried about it (though I did have some concern about it getting in to some customers' hands or something). This morning just as I'm about to get in the shower to get ready for work, I receive a phone call from my school saying my wallet had been turned in at the theater, and I could pick it up any time after 3 pm, to which I replied, "That's really strange that I can't pick it up until after three, considering I'll be working there at 11:00." My boss would have been the only person at the theater earlier then 10:00 during the day, so it would had to have been him who made the call, which means either he didn't look at the IDs in it except to call the school (unlikely), or he saw the name, didn't recognize it, and called the school to call the appropriate person (more likely).

To me, this just adds to the list of things that makes him ill-equipped to be anyone's boss, especially people who are not mentally handicapped, and just makes me that more frustrated with the fact that I have to answer to him. It seems like every day there are more and more things that demonstrate his incompetence, and even though I've addressed several of these issues before with him via manifesto-ish letters of complaint; even arguing with him head-on, and I don't know how to make it better.

For now I guess I'll just listen to Matt & Kim to feel better. Goodnight.




Follow me on Twitter here! I tweet frequently.

1 comment: